Subject: Re: [Leica] Photokina release
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 03:54:33 EDT

Dan Post wrote:
snip
<< For years the camera industry, particularly the Japanese made
 great inroads into the market using Leitz and Zeiss designs- made some good
 lenses too, but when it came to introducing innovations, they were somewhat
 underwhelming. >> snip
- -------------------------------
Dan, buddy, I felt the same way about my first girlfriend.  So blinded by love
and devotion that I failed to see (literally) her shortcomings.

The 20-35 and 35-70 2.8's from N & C are mighty fine, and have been available
for a while now.  Your girl L is just plain slow!  Let's just hope she keeps
her weight down on this new zoom.  I'm not optimistic, envisioning something
the size of Contax's 28-85 size XXL Texas-style zoom lens.

I once had an Angenieux 35-70 f 2.4-3.3, a nice normal-sized, lightweight
lens.  Perhaps there's hope.  Cheers!

Basking in Waiting,
Arturo