Subject: Re: [Leica] TTL
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 16:13:55 -0500

At 11:53 AM 8/29/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I think the question of whether TTL suits the professional or not is pretty
>much an excercise in personal tastes. I don't think it has that much bearing

Reminds me of a conversation with a well-known photojournalist from
Newsday, John Long (also past president of the National Press
Photographer's Association) who snorted "Motor drive, a waste of money. I
hardly ever use one." Then he said something about it being a crutch.

Well, I can agree there are times when a motor can get in the way. Tom A.
seems to have come up with the perfect alternative for the M. I'm holding
out for one for the R8. :-)
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a
conversation if it didn't change once in a while. - Kim Hubbard