Subject: [Leica] Vivitar 283
From: "delia" <louzan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 15:28:15 -0000

The Vivitar 283 is still a great flash unit. The shortcomings are that
power isn't stable and newer units aren't as rugged as those marked made in
Japan. I've modified my units to bare bulb strobe, so I can use "strobe on
a rope" and acc. from Quantum, Norman, Lumedyne, Delta 1, etc.
A great book on the subject, for those who want to learn more, (now out of
print) "Adventures in Location Lighting" by Jon Falk.  Or check "Location
Lighting à la Carte," Shutterbug's Oct.94 (pp66-68).

Regards,
Robert