Subject: Re: [Leica] Codispoti for Fuhrer
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 13:25:20 +0200

Ted,

I think that there are 3 threads going on right now:

1) A general discussion of the Holocaust and whether it gets "too much at=
tention"
compared to other genocides past or present--clearly not appropriate to t=
his list,
albeit interesting, and so I have refrained from commenting on it.

2) A string of personal attacks among certain members--clearly not approp=
riate on
any civilized mailing list and I hope that they take their argument offli=
ne.

3) A discussion of Leitz' behavior during the Nazi era and its implicatio=
ns for
today, if any--this in my view IS an appropriate topic for the LUG, since=
 clearly
this is a relevant part of the history of Leitz/Leica, and we discuss his=
tory of
the company here from time to time, not just the equipment itself. I have=
 expressed
my opinion on this third thread and will do so again if/when new informat=
ion
becomes available.

Kind regards,

Nathan

Ted Grant wrote:

> All I can say is, this kind of drivel should be relegated to one of
> those nasty mouthing off channels and keep our conversations polite and
> on topic about Leica cameras! Never mind the past it isn't relevent
> today if you are positive thinking. That was then, this is now and
> today! Be civilized and talk Leica or get out!!!!!--

Nathan Wajsman
Manager, Commercial Management
AT&T-Unisource Communications Services v.o.f.
1945 Chauss=E9e de Wavre, 1160 Brussels, BELGIUM
Tel. +32 2 676 3683 (Brussels) or +31 23 569 7516 (Hoofddorp)
Fax  +32 2 676 3874 (Brussels) or +31 23 569 7533 (Hoofddorp)
Mobile +32 75 494 102
E-mail: nathan.wajsman@euronet.be