Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Agfacolour fading
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 05:47:54 -0600

At 09:29 AM 04/09/98 -0000, you wrote:
>Doug R. wrote:
>I've recently been looking through a collection of slides taken in the
>early-to-mid sixties on Kodachrome and Perutz reversal films. All the
>transparencies which had been left in card or plastic mounts still had
>excellent colour, but those which had been bound between glass were
>badly faded.
Why is this?  You would think that in a glass mount, the slide is protected
against atmospheric pollution and UV light.
   In Camera Techniques two issues back, Ctein discusses printing-out
problems he found with Agfa RC papers when they were stored in sealed
frames.  Are the same kinds of processes that affect print papers
responsible for the deterioration of glass-mounted slides?

- -GH