Subject: Re: [Leica] Yipee! I got my M6
From: Mary & Stan Kephart <kephartol@att.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 98 21:56:54 -0500

Hello Rick,

I purchased my M6 chrome in March of 1996 with the old style 35 Summicron
chrome.  I couldn't get a proper shade or cap for the lens and traded it
for a newer one (not aspheric) which takes the neat little rectangular
hood.  I bought a cap for the hood ($35.00!) and lost it within a month.
So now I keep the hood on all the time with no cap, and this makes it
very handy.  (I have a uv filter on the lens.)  Of course if I decide
that I want to shoot without the filter, that's a whole other thing.