Subject: [Leica] Leica rangefinder identification
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 21:54:58 -0700

I am new to this list and to Leicas in general.  I was recently given two
old Leica rangefinders with several lenses and accessories.  How do I
identify these cameras?  Where might one find operating instructions?  I've
figured out most of the controls, but there are a couple that remain a
mystery, such as the small lever on top of the body, directly in front of
the shutter release button.  Finally, where is a reliable, quality repair
shop that could handle something major, like a shutter curtain?  The cameras
are beautiful pieces of design and workmanship.  Beyond the sentimental
value, I'd love to get them fully functional.

John P