Subject: Re: [Leica] Ken-Lab Gyroscopic "Tripod"
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 10:40:45 +0000

George Berger wrote:

> Kenyon Laboratories has developed some small gyroscope stabilizers to be
> used on binoculars, cameras and video cameras in those situations where
> monopods and tripods can't be used.
>
> Although I certainly wouldn't want to be "permanently attached" to such a
> device, given the weight and "battery-on-the-belt" requirements, it does
> appear that the Ken Labs gyro stabilizer could be useful - -  even for
> those of us who are addicted to the M system - -  in certain situations.

George,
I own two, now.  Two weeks ago found a set used with two battery packs a
good price, so now have a  backup.  And I have used it with an M and
strobe walking down street with models and assistant holding strobe in
front.  Mostly use for shooting from vehicles (water, air, land), but I
can tell you, it will be the most expensive tripod replacement you will
ever buy.  If you think carbon fiber 'pods are pricey......

donal

- --
Donal Philby
San Diego