Subject: RE: [Leica] COMPLETE Serial Numbers, Please!
From: Michael Leitheiser <flyh2o@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:48:47 -0700

>> At 07:50 AM 1998-09-16 -0400, Jeffrey "Buzz" Hausner wrote:
>> >Hunt; do not post the entire
>> >serial number, replace the last two digits with Xs so that nobody can
>> claim
>> >it as stolen from her or his collection.  Thus, camera #1765432 would be
>> >posted as 17654XX..

Marcs reply in part

>> This is complete, unadulterate, bosh.  There is no way, under US law, at
>> any rate, that such a claim would hold up unless the cameras were, indeed,

snippety snip snip

>> msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
>> Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

>	[Buzz]
>	Hey, sending a number privately is another matter.  Regarding public
>distribution, anyone can take any risk he or she cares to take.
>
>	Regarding your insults, I use Leicas. I point. I shoot.  The results
>are pretty good.  I don't care what others think about what I use.
>
>	Buzz

Didn't see any insults....just a tart and factual repudiation of a
seemingly mass acceptance of nonsense.....no reason for an owner to NOT
post the entire number unless perhaps the owner is unsure of the provenance
and doesn't want to chance losing a good deal to the rightful owner....
Mike Leitheiser

"When the trout are lost, smash the state."
                                   Tom McGuane