Subject: Re: [Leica] new Asph 90
From: "Martin V. Howard" <marho@ida.liu.se>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 12:16:38 +0200

Andre Jean Quintal wrote:

>         The more creative people
>         who also can use more sophisticated lighting
>         techniques and filtering will surely
>         turn out magnificent stuff with that new lens
>         that also expands the horizons of the Leica M
>         system as system.

I may be mistaken, but I always thought that the whole point of the
M system in the first place was *available* light photography.  I.e.,
not to have to set up "sophisticated lighting and filtering techniques",
but simply use whatever was available.

>Notice the "other" 90mm/M are not discontinued, it seems.

AFAIK, the new 90 Summi replaces the old 90 Summi.  OTOH, what do I
care?  Like I could afford any of them new... ;)

M.

- --
Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just DOHH it!
SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho