Subject: Re: [Leica] new Asph 90
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 06:51:01 -0400

At 12:16 +0200 17/09/98, Martin V. Howard wrote:

>I may be mistaken, but I always thought that the whole point of the
>M system in the first place was *available* light photography.  I.e.,
>not to have to set up "sophisticated lighting and filtering techniques",
>but simply use whatever was available.

	Yes, agreed 100%.

	BUT, it seems to me more of the professional
	photography we see uses reflectors more than
	10 years ago, sort of "enhanced available light".
	I think they are trying to compress the contrast
	ratios for better CYMK printing; Hexachrome
	is still a rarity but so beautiful.
	I truly don't see this type of lens as an
	"amateur" lens. OK: rich amateurs . . .

	It may be that Leica is also following their
	trajectory of being the optics leader
	for optics sake: company ethos !

	Like the prayer goes:
	"God, i'm not asking to be rich,
	just to live next to a rich man's . . . "    ;+)

	Andr=E9 Jean Quintal

"He looked like lightning,
his robe was white as snow" . . .
Matth 28 : 3