Subject: Re: [Leica] KL Malaysia Leica count!
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 17:20:10 +0200

On 20-09-1998 08:28 Ted Grant wrote:

>The equiment change might occur if Leica were to find a high speed A/F
>system for the R8 or some other R body configuration, allowing the  use
>of our existing lenses. Not likely considering they have to get a motor
>drive out first. 2000?

Ted, I enjoyed your posting very much.
I am glad a professional like you can still make jokes about such a sad
thing that must affect you in your daily professional life! And indeed,
on their web pages it is said "probably by the end of '99", that would
mean in Leica terms: somewhere in 2000.

Maybe it's all a big conspiracy from Leica: they want to sell a maximum
of motor-winders, waiting to bring a motor-drive to market hoping that
- -when the big day finally comes- we will all buy the long-awaited
motor-drive... That makes two times profit and is healthy for the balance
sheet.
;-)

Speaking of bringing things to market, I was wondering when we will
actually see all these new lenses Leica has announced at Photokina in the
shop?

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Macintosh PowerBook G3 - it eats Pentium notebooks for lunch