Subject: [Leica] Re: autofocus
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 17:20:07 +0200

On 20-09-1998 12:09 Tommy Olsson wrote:

> In fact, I
>have missed several shoots just because it didn't focus fast enough. Maybe
>EOS 1 is so much faster that it actually does solve the problem. I have
>heard other people complaining about slow autofocus in general though, so
>maybe there is something to it.

This won't happen if you take the Canon EOS 1N or the new 3, or the Nikon
F90x or F5. They are the current top of the autofocus crop.
Because the Leica R8 (without motor...) costs as much as a Canon EOS 1N
or Nikon F5, these three should be compared to each other. Their built
quality is on the same high level, and they are all the flagships of
their manufacturer's SLR lines. I realize the R8 is not as sophisticated
(although this in se is not a bad thing) as the other two and that the
comparison might therefore be flawed, but who said that life was fair? We
have to live with what is existing at this moment, not some vague plans
for the future!
:-(

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Who else than Leica could make a camera like the R8 ?
With that unique design and above all: that ergonomics.
Nikon ? Canon ? Nobody but Leica !