Subject: Re: [Leica] Critical test reports by CDI
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 17:18:56 -0700

Gee, I don't know, Eric. I have no problems with the Leica meter--you just
have to use it to take advantage of its qualities. It is not a spot meter.
I've never needed a faster flash sync. I don't mind turning the speed
setting to B, but I did have to run down some batteries prematurely before I
learned. I hate motors, expecially on a camera like the Leica. The whole
idea (for me) is to keep it simple, reliable, light, and nonimposing. The
"data" is on the camera, where it belongs. Keep it out of the view finder.
Not sure what you mean about the LED's, but mine are certainly not blinding
under any conditions. Loading? Just get used to it and do it. If you are
accustomed to an M3 it seems quite modern and easy.
Just my set of preferences.
Happy shooting,
Joe Stephenson