Subject: [Leica] Lens comparison: 3.5cm Summaron SM;;50mm Summicron R
From: "James Harrison" <leica@wf.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 22:25:19 -0500

 I photographed an Air Force graduating class today with a IIIf..3.5cm
Summaron, and a R7 with a 50mm Summicron..  As expected the 50mm Summicron
was tack sharp, however the 3.5cm on the IIIf photographs were rather soft..
The photograph was taken at 200 sec, f22, using Kodak Gold 200.  Both
photographs were printed in my lab using a Leitz V35 with color head.  My
question is:  why was the IIIf photos so soft as to nearly appear pastel??
Thanks for any help;;;jh