Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens comparison: 3.5cm Summaron SM;;50mm Summicron R
From: "James Harrison" <leica@wf.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 00:59:20 -0500

 Joe Said::

 . Although the
>front and rear sufaces are clean, it is milky and yucky on some of the
inner
>surfaces. It's going off to be cleaned. If that doesn't provide the quality
>I want, then it's time for a new 35 mm Sumicron. Try shining a light
through
>your lens and see if it isn't cloudy.

Did that Joe;;;you are completely correct;;inside glass is quite milky;;now
where to send it for a CLA?? Also;;I rescued the IIIf from a pawn shop, it
is missing two chrome rings, one from the shutter button, and one from the
rangefinder..Any one have a source, or anyone have spare parts??Cheers; good
light;;jh