Subject: [Leica] neg scanners - opinions please
From: Alex Brattell <alex@zetetic.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 16:39:10 +0100

I'm about to buy a 35mm film scanner, probably the Nikon Coolscan III.
It will mainly be used for scanning mono negs but I want to have the ability
to make high quality scans of trannies etc for web use and for printing of
any kind. The Nikon seems to come withthe best software.

Does anyone have any strong feelings for or against any of the scanners in
that price range (eg the Canoscan 2700F)?  Any good dealers in UK for neg
scanners?

I've looked on the web but haven't been lucky with good up to date info. Any
useful URL's??

Any relevant issues about scanning images made with Leica lenses?

Any opinions, recommendations, suggestions would be appreciated. If I'm
really set on acquiring an ugly  beige plastic box, it better be the right one!

Thanks,
Alex