Subject: [Leica] 60mm Macro
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 20:41:51 -0400

On Sun, 4 Oct 1998, JOHN GILBERT wrote:

>While busy shopping around I have noticed what appears to be either =

>different versions, or simple filter mount variations, of the Macro 60mm=
=2E =

>The lens as it's now sold is E55. But earlier editions were series E or =

>something. Is the difference merely in the filter mount, or do we have =

>distinctly different versions of the lens? Hence,  improvements in =

>technology.
>
>Someone enlighten me.
>
>Best,
>JG

John,

These are filter mount variations.  Mine uses Series VIII filters, held i=
place with a lens hood.  It's s/n is 2888740 and I bought it new in 1980.=
 =

AFAIK, the optical formula has not changed since the lens was first broug=
ht
to market in 1972.  I'm delighted with it.

Doug Herr
Sacramento