Subject: [Leica] Leica Gallery books
From: LeicaPhoto@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 15:56:51 EDT

Leica Gallery invites all LUG members to the Susan Meiselas main gallery
exhibition, "Intimate Strangers" which runs through October 24. All of the
work was taken with M cameras and there was a large review of the show in last
Friday's New York Times. In the Oskar Barnack Room is Geoff Winningham's
"Rites of Fall - High School Football in Texas." This is also taken with M
cameras and is considered the classic work on high school football including
the players, cheerleaders, audiences and people of the town. Winningham took 6
years to finish the project and it resulted in the book, "Rites of Fall: High
School Football in Texas." The book is long out of print; however, we have
about 12 copies each of the hardback ($60) and softbound ($25). The book is
175 pages and both the hard and soft editions are signed by Winningham. For
the football enthusiast and/or Leica Camera person, the book is wonderful!
Some of the pictures were exhibited at the Corcoran years ago. The books's
preface is by the Texan, Don Meredith. Again, the show will be at Leica
Gallery thru Oct. 24. In addition to this book, we are offering the following
books - all signed - which are in short supply (usually no more than 6 or 7
copies), with a special offer:
Ralph Gibon, "Spirit of Burgundy" (111 pp, color, B&W, hardbound, signed) $60
Norbert Rosing,"World of the Polar Bear" (175pp, color, hardbound, signed)
$50.
Burk Uzzle, "All American" classic! (pp94, hardbound, signed) $75
Leonard Freed: Photographs 1954-1990" (195pp. B&W,hardbound, signed) $75.
Leonard Freed: "Made in Germany" (124pp, B&W, hardbound, signed) $110.
Leonard Freed, "Made in Germany,: (124pp., B&W, softbound, signed) $75.
Inge Morath: "Photography 1952-1992" (160pp, B&W, hardbound, signed) $70.
Inge Morath, "Donau/Danube" (145pp, B&W/color, hardbound, signed) $65.
Inge Morath: *** Few copies of Danube, minor dustjacket injury (scratches,
etc. - very minor = $50. & one with dustjacket in poor/damaged condition =
$30. /all discounted "Danube" copies are signed.
Inge Morath& Arthur Miller: "Chinese Encounters" very rare! (254pp.. B&W,
hardbound, signed by both her and her husband, Arthur Miller) $175.
Inge Morath with intro. by Arthur Miller: "Portraits" (93pp, B&W, hardbound,
signed by both her and Arthur Miller/includes portraits of some of the most
famous people of our time!) - $175.
Inge Morath: "San Fermin" (172pp.) printed in Spain as a re-do of "Festival in
Pamplona", we are the only source of this new book. 9 pages of text intro.
including Arthur Miller's Preface in Spanish. Text by Inge Morath is in
English / Spanish. 140 pp of beautful B&W Morath photographs/ truly a
collectable book! Hardbound and signed by Morath $75.
For LUG members NO shipping charges anywhere in the continental U.S. and with
any order  a free copy of "Magic Moments" the Leica catalog of the best of
Leica photography and the signed hard-bound book, "E. Leitz, Inc, New York" by
Emil Keller (was $35.)..(tax for New York residents)
Leica Gallery takes AMEX, VISA, MC. Our telephone is 212-777-3051; fax is
212-777-6960. We are here Tues-Friday 11 to 6' Sat. 12 to 6 Eastern time.
Regards to all- Rose and Jay Deutsch, Leica Gallery, 670 Broaadway, New York,
NY 10012