Subject: Re: [Leica] Adams Moonrise with 2 churches
From: j.leonarddesigner@videotron.ca (Jacques Leonard designer)
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 22:15:35 -0500

>Jacques,
>I read your post last week, and today when I went to work I looked at a
>poster of the Hernandez image. I could not see more than one church. And
>while I don't know Hernandez, as a New Mexican I think it would be most
>unusual to find more htan one church in a community like Hernandez.
>Sincerely,
>Joe Stephenson

Joe,
It's nice to see someone took a look at Moonrise picture after my comment.
The second church would not be in the same village.
I don't have the picture in front of me but the second church is on the
right hand side of Hernandez church, a few miles back (or to the N-E). We
see its bell tower and part of the roof.
I have been to San Juan Pueblo a few years ago and I think it is the same
church.
When I look at the same picture in A.Adams book "Examples" The making of 40
Photographs, it is very hard to notice something there.
You need to look at a very large print.
I have the book now in front of me. The second church would be above the
cemetery, to the right of the second largest building in the picture. (or
at 5 o'clock from the moon)

Regards,

Jacques L=E9onard
designer
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
j.leonarddesigner@videotron.ca