Subject: Re: [Leica] Adams Moonrise with 2 churches
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 22:58:54 -0600

George, I can and do use my Leica M for landscapes, and yes, have enjoyed
looking over your website (nice tonality!). Let's say I was standing beside
you on a couple of shoots, and here's where I'd want my bigger cameras:

Window, Bodie
I like the subject, but don't feel the converging parallels really
contribute to the image, yet, short of gaining a higher vantage point,
what's a person to do, sacrifice some of the already small negative? With my
Hasselblad, I'm fairly comfy at levelling the camera, and simply cropping
out the unwanted matter which results. With the 4x5, I raise the front
standard a little, and I've got it.

Trees (Folio One)
This particular composition works nicely, but I also enjoy images which show
the tops of the trees, and again, no converging parallels (I find these
distracting sometimes, if too obvious). Here, the 50mm on my carefully
levelled Hasselblad can do lots (wish I could afford a 40, which is why I
may turn the lot of the H gear in for an M645 outfit), but again, the 4x5
makes shorter work of it, though it may involve a fairly hefty amount of
front rise.

True, the limitations of the small camera can be thought of as a creative
challenge, but it's nice to have alternatives :-)

Jeff