Subject: [Leica] Contax versus Leica, Pre-War
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 22:29:42 -0400

I'm not terribly interested in how others VIEW the price differential, but
what is was, is:  the Contax cost about twice to three times the price of
the Leica, way back then, before the War.

Quality DOES cost, after all:  the Leica, a wonderful body with, well,
questionable lenses,  the Contax was a well-engineered body with stunningly
good lenses (I shoot with some of them even today).  Both had a gazillion
doo-dads available to fit them for technical and professional use.  But,
the bottom line:  Contax cost a LOT more!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!