Subject: Re: [Leica] Were Leicas always so expensive?
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 22:54:28 EDT

Joe wrote:

<< Interesting question. "Expensive" isn't as simple a term as one migh think.

Joe, you're right.  Perhaps "expensive" is not the best terminology.  As I
believe I will get every penny invested out of my M6 one day (exclusive of
opportunity costs!), so the camera may ultimately cost zero, though it did
cost substantially more than any other MF camera today ($4,000 for body and
standard 50f1.4 lens, jeeeez!)

The price of admission!! :-)

Cheers,
Arturo