Subject: Re: [Leica] Were Leicas always so expensive?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 22:09:15 -0500

At 07:19 PM 10/6/98 -0600, you wrote:

>How expensive were Leica cameras and lenses relative to other widely used
>cameras in 1950?  How about 1940?  How about 1930?

It's been said that early on, Leica's were about two month's salary (of
course, that's a relative term), but that it's stayed right about at that
relative figure. Considering the price of a lens and body. I remember that
in the early 70s, a Leica wasn't THAT much more than other cameras and
lenses. I do remember an R4 in '83 was $1,200 with Passport. An F3 was
about $700 if I remember correctly, and a Pentax LX was $800.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Asking if computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim.