Subject: Re: [Leica] no off switch on M6
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 20:33:24 -0700

Jim Brick wrote:

>Cheeze guys and gals... just take an extra picture before putting the
>camera away. I'm so used to doing this that it is automatic. And I have
>some good photos that I would not have had, had I not been doing this. :)
>All this wire, plastic, lanyards, polyethylene glue, etc... is nuts. Point
>the camera and push the soft release. Then put the camera away.   KISS>>>>>>>

Hi Jim,

man I don't know what the hell it is with some of these people! Don't they
understand the OFF SWITCH is "B"?

It's so KISS ( keep it simple stupid) simple that I can't imagine going to
all the nonsense that some of them do. I almost figure some are brain
damaged to do all this mickey mouse stuff instead of taking pictures, then
switching to "B" or doing what you do before putting the camera away.

Is this such a difficult thing to do or understand?  Turn to "B" and it's off?

To those just joining us and asking about the battery draining,  please do
the following and your batteries will last a very long time!!! trust me!
Would I lie to you?

As Jim says, "just before you put the camera in the bag....take one more
frame,  do not advance and then place in  bag....!!!"  Or if you figure you
can carry it "dainty like" while on bulb, then set to "B" and put it away.
Unfortunately you will undoubtedly still trip the shutter ..... so
preferably shoot one more frame....do not cock shutter then place in bag!!!

Now that we have that one more time........please refrain from whining
about "NO OFF SWITCH ANY LONGER!" :) :)

thank you kindly.

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant