Subject: Re: [Leica] M6TTL critisizm
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 06:08:31 EDT

Eric:

You are exactly right about TTL.  There is nothing wrong with adding TTL to
the M6.  It's the speed that's the problem.  Of course that will give Leica a
reason to introduce an M6TTL-II  (M6TTL-1/2) model, won't it?   It's these
changes that help create a lot of interest in Leica and, of course, help Leica
with sales of new cameras and it does not hurt the  value of non-current
Leicas either.  I believe that my Leicas will still be working when I am "deep
six" and hopefully they will be passed on for future generations to enjoy.  I
believe an M6, or whatever the number is in the future, should be mechanical,
not electronic and the quality should be unquestionable.  I don't want to see
anymore plastic or cheap parts on Leica products.

In closing I would like to ask you if you know of anytime in the past that
Leica has ever consulted with Luggers about the design of Leica products?

A smiling and contented CyberLeicaNut-Lug,

Bob

<<
 Nothing wrong with TTL, it's the 1/50 flash sync. that is rather slow for
 such a technique. Not good for mid-day fill flash, but for wink flash in
 marginal light, it's cool. Not much use to me, since I already have a Metz
 and R8 to do that work.