Subject: Re: [Leica] Adams Moonrise with 2 churches
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 20:37:52 -0600

- -----Original Message-----
From: George Lauterstein <leicam2@flash.net>
>Jeff, many, many thanks for your thoughtful comments.  I appreciate them
>very much.  Ah, if only we could elicit more give and take from LUG
>members.  Just to have a bit more balance.
>
>Would love to see samples of your work.  Possible?

Ah yes, the web site--it's "put up or shut up" time for me, I guess :-)

I need to look into having some images put onto PhotoCD, and from there,
onto the web! I hope to have something to show by year's end, and I'll
announce it here when it's ready for visitors. Been almost totally
preoccupied with learning to do black and white much better than I have been
before, and went from being atrocious to pretty consistent, with the aid of
a brand-new Jobo CPE-2 Plus processor. I don't even want to get into how
many test rolls of film I went through, just to become consistent! I haven't
even gotten to determining N+ and N- developing times yet. I want a
densitometer. And a shutter speed tester!!

By the way, I gather from looking at your images that you are doing some
sort of contrast control via development? If so, what's your technique for
doing so with a rollfilm camera?

Jeff