Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri-X
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:31:50 EDT

Joe:

I've never used APX 100 and you have stimulated my interested.  Do you shoot
it as ISO 100 and what developer/temp/time do you use?  Your comments would be
appreciated.

Thanks
Bob Bedwell
Greensboro, NC

<<
 You guys are welcome to your TRI-X. It's good film and all that, but just
 let me have my APX 100. Like TRI-X it doesn't give the oatmeal grain of
 T-MAX, but it produces such a fine grain and such smooth tonal gradiation
 that you don't need the Delta (Ilford, and very good) or T-MAX. I recommend
 it very highly to anyone in any camera. Good lenses bring out the best in
 the film, and the film allows the good lenses to show what they can do. I
 would encourage anyone to try it. In addition to its other good qualities,
 it's inexpensive. I don't know how the customs in Ghana would respond to it,
 but if you can get it into the country, you can take some excellent photos
 wiht it.
 happy shootign
 Joe Stephenson