Subject: [Leica] Welch Photo Gallery
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 05:13:07 EDT

Eric:

Thank you very much for referencing and sharing your new series of photos on
Rosie.

Your entire site is an inspiration to those of us that love photography,
Leicas and light.  If there is any question at all that "light is king" your
site will dismiss it immediately.   I have never seen a collection of
photograhic art that told stories as much with light as yours.

A few comments:

*Rosie With Mini Horses - Looks like a 3D picture, wonderful lighting

*Rosie Mounts Leopard Appaloosa - Brilliant color, photo POPS at you

*Robert Arnett - Amazing use of light and exposure. dust in background is
proof that light strengthens subject.

*Rosie Takes a Breather - gorgeous clouds

*195 Horse Photo - Rolling road strenghtens picture and draws ones attention
to the head horse and buggy.  Unusual composition because of road leading from
background to foreground.  Excellent.

*Rosie With Grandaughter - Very effective in revealing the special bond
between child and grandmother.

*Under the Rainbow - Finest rainbow shot that I have ever seen

Eric, I could go on and on.  I thoroughly enjoyed your photographic essay.
This is what photography is and what we should all strive for.  Thanks for
sharing these with us.

Bob Bedwell
Greensboro, NC

P.S.  Did you use a Leica? (just joking Eric)