Subject: [Leica] LeicaCard Meeting> finally an answer from Solms!
From: "Pascal" <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 16:08:47 +0200

Friends,

Remember I said that I had written up to three emails over the past week to
the LeicaCard service department (in German) at Solms, without getting a
reply?
Yesterday, I finally got a reply (after a week). But a very disappointing
one.

I took part in the LeicaCard photo contest (for which I had handed over a
Zip disk containing two images when I was in Solms for the Leica Akademie
seminar at the end of September). I now wanted to ask some practical details
on the LeicaCard members meeting itself, which will take place on Oct 30 and
31 in Wetzlar. The winning images of the photo contest will then also be
displayed.
Now, the LeicaCard service told me that inscriptions for the member days
were only possible up to Sept 31, and that they could not take my
inscription (alhough I am participating in the photo contest). The closing
date of Sept. 31 would have been mentioned on the relevant information, but
it is not. I checked and that date is only mentioned as the closing date for
the photo contest, and not for inscription to the LeicaCard meeting itself.

Very disappointing.
I am not sure if I am going to continue my membership in the LeicaCard for
the future.

Pascal

Check out my personal photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
PowerPC G3... listen carefully and you can hear the sound of Pentium chips
being eaten for breakfast
Sent on a Macintosh PowerBook G3, the fastest laptop on the planet