Subject: Re: [Leica]M6 for Brian
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 00:57:22 -0500

Brian -

Please let me also ask you to reconsider.  The original suggestion was
for contributions to be made against the cost of the replacement
computer that now keeps the LUG humming.  We all understand that you
have provided that replacement out of your personal funds, which
redounds to the benefit of us all.  There is no embarassment to you in
allowing us to contribute to the cost of our own continuing education
and entertainment.  If you then chose to spend your own hard earned
funds on something as frivolous as an M6, you would at least have the
opportunity to experience first hand the joys of one of Tom's soft
releases (and perhaps even one of his winders).

This was not an offer of charity.  If the old beast hadn't died, almost
all of us would have rolled along day by day, blissfully unaware of, or
at least uncaring about, the infrastructure that gave us our daily fix
of Leica lore.  But the old beast did die, we are all now aware that
there is new infrastructure in place, and now that we are again getting
our daily fix many of us simply feel that you shouldn't be asked, or
even allowed, to bear the full cost of that replacement personally.

So please, just give us an address and relax.  If good things show up in
your mailbox you will know that you are deeply appreciated, and can do
what you will with whatever comes.

Cheers,
Kip Babington