Subject: Re: [Leica] diluting XTOL
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 11:42:53 +0000

>There used to be a webpage called "The Ecstacy of XTOL" that explained
>all this in detail, but I cannot seem to find it.  AltaVista draws a
>blank, as does HotBot.  The information can be gleaned from Kodak's
>infosheet though.

Go to w3.Kodak.com.  Search under XTOL and it's all there.

FYI, I cannot get XTOL in Singapore.  What I am using now has been sent to
me by very nice friends from the US.  It is a beautiful developer to work
with and marries with Ilford (especially the Delta) films very well.

Kodak does not think that there is a market in Asia.  I have tried
persuading Kodak Singapore to bring in Xtol but the effort has fallen on
deaf ears.  Kodak USA is equally unconvinced of the vast potential in Asia
where increasing numbers of people are becoming environmentally conscious
and that this product will sell.  I will not be surprised if Ilford soon
brings out a similar product and beat Kodak at it.

Dan K.