Subject: Re: [Leica] Use 135mm Anymore?
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:47:29 EST

I have used 135's (Hektor, Elmar, Tele-Elmar, Tele-Elmar-M latest) with
LTM, M2-M6 (never M3 or HM) and have not ever noticed a problem re:
focussing inaccuracy even wide open.  As to the small framelines, I have
always used the BL finder (as I do likewise with 90mm) for framing.  The
135's are IMHO amongst the best of the Leica rfdr lenses.

Regards,
Nigel

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998 12:03:53 EST TEAShea@aol.com writes:
><< I have heard very little discussion regarding 135mm lenses, M
> and R, here.  Do people on this list still use the 135mm lenses
> anymore?  >>
>
>The 135 focal length is my favorite.  Since this lens length is rather
>marginal
>(even with a .85) for an M camera, I use my SLR system more than I
>otherwise
>would.  I like very tight head portrait shots.  A 90 mm lens is not
>tight
>enough for me for such portraits.  For me the 135 is just right for
>these
>shots.
>

>I also like the 135 focal length for general use.  I find it to be an
>excellent lens for travel.  It enables me to often eliminate clutter
>and focus
>in on a more simple composition - which I prefer.
>

>Tom Shea

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]