Subject: Re: [Leica] Kennedy Photographer
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 21:06:54 -0600

Friday, 6 November 1998, Alastair Firkin wrote:
> How about our own Fred Ward ;-)

Alastair,

While  Fred  did make a lot of photos of Kennedy, and other presidents
he  was never the official white house photographer. Black Star used a
nice  photo by Fred of Kennedy sitting in a rocking chair looking over
some papers on the cover of their book this past year.

Fred  mentioned  some  time  ago  that he was the last non White House
photographer  allowed full access to the White House to photograph Ford
after  he  became  president in the Nixon fiasco. He put this together
into a book called something like "An American President"...Ted what's
the  title?  Seems  I  remember  you  saying you had a copy after Fred
posted this.

Someone correct me if I am remembering this wrong.

Best regards,
 Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com
mailto:hmcclary@earthlink.net

Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.