Subject: Re: [Leica] Rockin' and a-rollin'- all shook up!
From: Don McClure <mcclure1@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 22:14:59 -0500

>>Do you keep a pro-pack in your bag?
>
>Usually keep at least 20 rolls of film in the bag. Some slow, medium and
>fast stuff. And always keep the cameras loaded. And my M6 is always with
>me. No matter what.
>
>The New Madrid Fault (I think that's it in Southeast Mo.) has been expected
>to go for several years. The only earthquake I remember is the one in
>Alaska that shook us in Oregon back in the early 60s. Even since then, I'm
>glad I don't live in California. (Where an uncle of mine died in the Quake
>of '69 - heart attack).
>
>Remember the song that says: "Better get ready to tie up your boat in
>Idaho." :-)
>--
>
>Eric Welch
>St. Joseph, MO
>http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I used to live near New Madrid, a tiny town in the Missouri Bootheel.
They sold t-shirts there that said:

Visit New Madrid, Missouri.
While it is Still Here.

Oh, and it is pronounced  "new MADrid"

They say that after the Big One in the early 19th century, the
Mississippi River reversed directions for two days, while Reelfoot Lake
(in NW TN) was being formed. Perhaps it is a myth.

Don McClure
Abingdon, MD