Subject: [Leica] 400 help
From: "Gary D. Whalen" <whalen@whalentennis.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:15:46 -0500

  I am planning on purchasing a 400 2.8 lense for nature/wildlife and
would GREATLY appreciate any input on Leica vs Canon(autofocus).
Bottom line - is the Leica 400 2.8 better than the Canon and if so
please state why.

    I am trully fighting this decision as very soon I am planning on
purchasing a complete new system.  BUT, this system must have long focal
lengths and I am trying to decide whether or not the autofocus
capability of the Canon is worth investing in the entire Canon system.
Although I believe that the shorter focal length lenses <300 do not
necessarily need autofocus I believe that once you get into the 400-600
range autofocus is an advantage.  I want to go full Leica but I am not
sure of :

        A:  Canon vs Leica lense quality
        B:  Autofocus vs. Manual focus.

    Thank you in advance.