Subject: Re: [Leica] New Apo-Asph-M 90/2 Summicron
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 22:15:14 +0100

On 19-11-1998 12:05 Lucien wrote:

>I hear today that the new Apo-Asph-M 90/2 Summicron
>will not be available before fall 1999 at the earliest.
>And the Flash SF-20 not before spring.

Lucien:

if that is true, I wonder why Leica has announced these new items at past
September Photokina. It is unreasonable and even dangerous to do so.
People will, of course, stay off current comparable items until the new
ones appear on the market. It is not a very serious business practice to
announce things and to wait for another year to deliver, at least in the
photo business. In software it is, unfortunately, quite different (look
at what Microsoft is doing).

Pascal

See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/