Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 upgrade?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 23:16:29 +0100

Scott,

If longer lenses (50mm and up) are your primary concern, then I would get
the HM. I have the classic M6 and an M3. Up to 75mm the M6 is fine, but with
the 90 and 135mm lenses I find the M3 superior. The HM M6 does not have
quite the same magnification as the M3, but it should be close. The best
thing is to go to a dealer and try both the classic and HM M6 with your
favorite lenses.

Nathan

Scott Kercher wrote:

> Hello everyone! With new Leica M prices so low, I was thinking of taking
> the plunge and buying a new M6. But I can't decide if the classic or the
> HM is the way to go. I presently use an M3 and an M2 but thought it
> would be nice and join the 90's and get something with TTL metering. I
> really enjoy using the longer focal length lenses, and am concerned that
> the classic M6 would be difficult to focus. How right is this
> assumption? Anyone out there own both, or have one they prefer over the
> other? Thanks,Scott

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium