Subject: Re: [Leica] Got my loupe and the value of LUG
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:23:48 EST

Nathan:
Thank you for the kind words.  I am sure that you made the right decision and
please provide your evaluation of it when you get to use it.

Bob Bedwell
Greensboro, NC

<< Friends,

 Just to let you know that today I ordered the Schneider 6x aspherical
 loupe locally in Brussels. I paid 8.000 BEF (~$230) which is actually
 slightly less than the price at B&H Photo in New York--a rare
 occurrence! I strongly considered the Pentax zoom loupe, but decided
 against it when I realised that it does not provide full coverage of the
 35mm format even at the 5x setting.

 My experience with choosing the loupe really shows the value of this
 virtual community: within 3-4 days of posting my initial question, I had
 received helpful replies from at least the following people: John,
 Lucien, Bob, Dan, Christian, Nigel, Larry, Bill C., Bill B., Jim, Robert
 and Bernhard, representing 5 different countries. Show me another place
 when one gets so much for so little! Thanks to all of you and apologies
 if I forgot to mention anyone.

 Kind regards,

 Nathan >>