Subject: RE: [Leica] printing TMZ
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 15:06:27 -0000

Not a magic solution,
but you may wish to explore split grade printing here.
This involves exposing the highlights at a soft grade (to maximise detail
and soften grain) whilst exposing the shadows at a harder grade to give
depth to them (recognising that this will emphasise the grain visibility).
Obviously the enlarger needs to be rock steady between exposures and the
changing of the filtration.
It's reccomended that you expose for the highlights first though I'm still
trying to understand the theory behind that...
There is a good book on the subject called 'Gradient Light' by Eddie
Ephraums(?)

Bon chance

Jem