Subject: Re: [Leica] Food for thought for Thanksgiving
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:55:13 -0600

>  I fear that Solms has sold-out.  They now play the test-chart game to
>compete with the Japanese lens manufacturers.  They've abandoned their
>original quest to be different -- and the MFT curves be damned.

I think you are assuming an awful lot. Just because they may have some
different approaches to lens design now than they have in the past, the new
lenses prove they have not given up being the best, or even giving up on
Leica's character. At least the ones I've used.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"I say, play your own way. Don't play what the public wants. You play what
you want and let the public pick up on what you're doing - even if it does
take them fifteen, twenty years."
- -- Thelonious Monk