Subject: [Leica] hasselblad xpan
From: daniel mcclenaghan <danielmc@fda.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 10:08:27 -0800

there has been some talk lately about the xpan on the list. a few
weeks ago i purchased(temporarily) this particular camera from my local
dealer. i shot 4 rolls of slides through it in the first couple of days
and boy was i astonished when i got the results back from the lab. there
was about a stop and a half of falloff in the corners in the panoramic
mode and around a stop brighter in the center. the subject matter that
showed this the most were areas of similar tone such as walls and large
portions of the sky. also the camera was quite soft in the corners as
well. i expressed my dissatifaction to my local dealer and he/she sent
it in as a warranty repair. when we heard back from hasselblad they said
that fuji finds the results acceptable, while hassy said that there
coming out with a center filter to correct the problem. i returned the
camera and used the money to buy a 28mm M-elmarit for my m4-p(now i'm
back on topic).