Subject: Re: [Leica] Amateur vs. Pro -Reply
From: YUSUF ALEXANDER <YUSUF@PHARMACY.UWC.AC.ZA>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 19:09:59 +0200

This amateur vs pro talk reminded of the time when a
colleague ask me to duplicate the Professional
Photographer's black & white shots of his wedding photos in
colour . The Pro had agreed that this can be done. Of
course, me, wet behind the ears amateur, felt quite honoured
with this request. In between posing the wedding group, we
chatted a lot. He  was using a twin lens reflex (Rolleicord,
I think, with a between the lens shutter) and a Metz Flash,
inside and outside the  church and reception venue. The
thing that disappointed me that time was when he told me
that
he keeps his shutter speed and aperture fixed at 1/125 and
f8 all the time. Any correction in exposure is done in the
darkroom by his professional photo processors.One
professional helping out another professional to get
professional results?

Regards

Yusuf Alexander