Subject: RE: [Leica] Best photography books
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 20:14:35 -0600

>the second is called E. Eugene Smith, I'm not sure of the title of the
>first...the photos in both are amazing...lots of Pittsburgh stuff, and work

"W. Eugene Smith, Master of the Photo Essay" is what you're talking about,
right?

I have a copy. Cost me $125 and I think they would be very hard to find.
But it is the only source of the whole Pittsburgh Essay that I've seen
anywhere.

His book "Let Truth Be the Prejudice" is a good one too.

Salgado's books: "Workers" and "Other Americas" and  "An Uncertain Grace"
are all superb.

Kertesz: "Diary of Light" and many others.

Bill Allards books (All of them except maybe the lake one are all fantastic).

I could go on for hours...
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

He's not dead, He's electroencephalographically challenged.