Subject: Re: [Leica] Request for Advice: child's first camera
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 17:48:21 -0700

Dear Bill,
I suppose it's disloyal, but I always recommend the OM-1 as a good first
camera. Bodies coast around $200.00, and the excellent f1.8 50 mm lens costs
about $40. It's a good, light-weight basic kit. Fairly rugged, fully
functional, and not likely to depreciate much. (How low can you go?) If the
child shows an interest there are good used Zuiko lenses readly available.
Sounds fun. Grandchildren needed!
Joe Stephenson