Subject: Re: [Leica] New Lower Price...
From: HFHUBER@t-online.de (HFHUBER)
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 19:45:18 +0100

there is something like "Winterschlußverkauf" for the M6-.72 in germany. The
offers go from DM 3.200 to DM 3.500; the "regular" price from the pricelist was
DM 4.448. I think all dealers want to clean up their stores for the new TTL
version and Leica makes special offers to their dealers to get better results to
the end of fiscal year to calm the shareholders. The R8 and R6.2 prices are also
falling down. But there is an additional effect in order to the general bad
business of the entire photo branch for high priced products. Nikon´s F5 price
has also been falled from about DM 4.500 wide under DM 4.000. And that´s the
prices regular offered from the dealers. If you go and want to buy a M6-.72 or a
R8 you can get additional 10-12% to this prices.

If you are looking for a serious Leica dealer in cologne, go to Foto Gregor. I
guess Carsten knows a few more in addition.

regards
Hans-Ferdinand
HFHUBER@t-online.de