Subject: Re: [Leica] New Lower Price...
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 21:24:01 +0100

Hans-Ferdinand,

Thanks for the info. Perhaps I should take the relatively short drive to Cologne and
snoop around. I like the word "Winterschlussverkauf" ;-) When I was in Bonn in
connection with Photokina in September I picked up a new 2.8/90mm Elmarit at a very
nice price. Not only was I pleased about getting the lens, but I was also pleased
with myself for negotiating a 150 DM discount for paying cash--all in German...

Nathan

HFHUBER wrote:

> there is something like "Winterschlußverkauf" for the M6-.72 in germany. The
> offers go from DM 3.200 to DM 3.500; the "regular" price from the pricelist was
> DM 4.448. I think all dealers want to clean up their stores for the new TTL
> version and Leica makes special offers to their dealers to get better results to
> the end of fiscal year to calm the shareholders. The R8 and R6.2 prices are also
> falling down. But there is an additional effect in order to the general bad
> business of the entire photo branch for high priced products. Nikon´s F5 price
> has also been falled from about DM 4.500 wide under DM 4.000. And that´s the
> prices regular offered from the dealers. If you go and want to buy a M6-.72 or a
> R8 you can get additional 10-12% to this prices.
>
> If you are looking for a serious Leica dealer in cologne, go to Foto Gregor. I
> guess Carsten knows a few more in addition.
>
> regards
> Hans-Ferdinand
> HFHUBER@t-online.de

- --