Subject: Re: [Leica] your opinion about G2
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 09:39:17 EST

I would classify the G2 as an "interchangeable-lens point-and-shoot"
rather than a high-tech Leica M.  Admittedly there are some features
which I would welcome on an upcoming Leica (notably the zooming, long
eye-relief finder and high flash-sync speed) but the lack of  a
*convenient* manual-focus rangefinder, DOF scales on the lenses, 135mm
lens, or any super-speed optics tend to narrow its scope of possible
applications compared to the Leica.

Regards,
Nigel

On Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:26:05 +0000 "capitaine francky"
<francky@fluid.claranet.fr> writes:
>hi luggers
>one week ago, i wrote, i like to make photography in the street with
>just my
>m2 , no lightmeters and feel more implicated in my pictures.... but
>i'm not
>in a blind, i like different way of photography :
>i recently buy a  contax G2, with a biogon 28, it works very good
>(exept the
>pooooor rangefinder)
>what do you think about G2, is it realy the M6 enemy? (and zeiss
>biogon, the
>elmarit 28 is certainly better, but 3 x more expensive)
>
>Franck Lequeux-Capelot
>Paris-France
>http://home.claranet.fr/fluid/photos.html

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]