Subject: Re: [Leica] M6TTL - Image Behind Focus Point
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 02:14:26 -0700

- -----Original Message-----
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
<snip> When I worked in repair 18 or so years
>back, my employer/teacher used to joke that they were "kit cameras"
>that were O.K> once we "finished" them.  I've owned M3-M6, inclusive,
>and the problem became evident about the end of the M4-2 era. <snip>

Well this doesn't come as a great big surprise, but gee, some of those minor
new convenience features are nice--you know, light meters, hot shoes, and
that sort of thing. Leica does seem eager to eliminate manufacturing
processes involving lathes, engravers or milling machines, though!
Stampings, cement and injection moldings seem to be the favored approaches
these days. My own M6 seems okay. Looks like someone tweaked the RF for me,
as some of the adjustment screws look a tad pre-chewed, and when the (12
month) warranty runs out, I think I'm having it checked out 'cause the
meter's a bit off, and I suspect the shutter could stand a touchup too.

Thank goodness I have more than one camera, or I'd probably drive friends
and family crazy during it's absence :-)

Jeff Segawa
www.netone.com/~segawa