Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 58-60 sep rings
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 23:09:44 -0400

Adrian:

My ring is 60mm male threads and 58mm female.  I got it with the hopes of
using a 58 circl polarizer on a Leica 70-210 and 28-70 zooms.  On the
70-210 it did something weird in that the lens was not is focus at infinity
and could not be focused to infinity.  The vignetting must have done
something weird like putting a second aperture in the optical system.  This
adapted does work however when I use a Cokin A series 58mm ring.

I have since replaced the 70-210 with the new 80-200.  The flaw in the
70-210 was that with the built in hood and a Cokin filter mounted, the hood
could not extend which prevented it zooming any wider than about 180.  The
new two touch zoom does not have this problem.

In the end though, I broke down and ordered the B&W 60mm polarizer at great
expense, but less than the Leica one.

Regards,

Robert